Sunday, November 29, 2009

Game Day Workouts???

Lifting on game day, is it better to lift before the game or after the game? The Portland Trail Blazers have athletes dabbling in both. I have been a firm believer in lifting on Game Day for as long as I have been training! As a young athlete I was told to get a lift in on game days, and I feel it made me stronger later in the season and in the end of the games. Now getting a lift in doesn't mean go in the weight room and do maximal effort lifts, it just suggest that you go in there and get your body moving by doing your everyday movements.

I believe that the athletes at EPHS right now have bought into lifting on game day, but that was not the case when I arrived at EPHS in the fall of 2006! The football team has had much better team speed and health over the last three years then it had in the past, and it is because of the athletes commitment to the weight room!

I would hope all Oregonians have a little Blazer in them sense they are the only professional team in the state. They have to be everyone's 2nd B-BALL team at least!

Here is clip from the Blazers Strength Coach:

No comments:

Post a Comment