Monday, June 28, 2010

DI guys doing the little things!

My summer mantra is going to be "You must act like it, before you become it". If you want to be a state champion, you must act like it, before you become it. I think we as a football program and as a athletic department are ready to go to the next level, but we first need  to get everyone on the same page and start acting like  Playoff caliber teams. EP Athletes need to start asking themselves these little questions.

How do I carry myself in front of the community, school, peers, younger athletes?
Did I do everything today that I could have done to make myself better?
Am I setting a good example for the up and coming Eagles? (Remember what you had to look up to as an 8th, 9th grader, was it good leadership or bad?)
Did I act like a Champion today?

Perfecting the little things is a must if you want to make it to the next level of any profession. That's why you see DI athletes trying to look like and mimic Professional athletes in their drills and skills. This video clip is of Auburn University doing the little things. If they practice these things then we should be doing it as well.

Auburn Football:

No comments:

Post a Comment